Friday, January 22, 2016

Brainstorming. Sharing ideas.

Last night while I was listening to community leaders of a group called BlocksTogether describe their participatory budgeting process, I scratched out a planning cycle, that would engage youth as leaders, researchers and communicators. I posted it from my camera to Facebook. Then today, I used my cMap application to create a better version.

Here's how I shared the original sketch of this idea on Facebook:

This is planning process sketch I drew tonight while listening to a community group from West Humboldt Park in Chicago. I will write more about this on my blog.
Posted by Daniel F. Bassill on Thursday, January 21, 2016

Below is the same idea, converted to a concept map, using cMap tools.  Here's the link to the concept map


2 comments:

tellio said...

Evolution of a share. Inspiring thinking out loud and translating the world into a map. Beautiful.

Tutor Mentor Connections said...

I started this type of scribbling ideas on note pads in the 1970s while working in retail advertising with the Montgomery Ward corporation. I often was in 3-way meetings where I needed to understand and interpret goals of buyer and sales manager within available advertising space.

I've many books of notes, with scribbles in the margin. Only a fraction of these have made it into my on-line work.