Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Building Tutor/Mentor Teams at Universities

I presented a workshop at yesterday's Illinois Campus Compact conference, held at DePaul University. My goal was to inspire campus leaders to launch student/faculty/alumni teams that duplicate what I've been doing to support the growth of mentor-rich non-school programs in high poverty neighborhoods of Chicago, but with a focus on the geography around each campus. Below are slides from my presentation:



Interns from various universities have spent time getting to know the T/MC since 2005. See a list of interns here. View some of their projects, here. This page points to a project done by DePaul students in 2009 and 2010.

Any university in the world could engage students in this type of project. Contact me if you'd like my help.

No comments: