Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Maps can visualize where youth need help

While I've incorporated maps in many of the articles I've written on this site, I've also hosted another site focused completely on maps, titled Mapping for Justice.

From 2008-2011 the maps and articles on this site were created by Mike Trakan, who was the GIS map maker on the Tutor/Mentor Connection staff. Due to funding cuts and changes in structure Mike's not been with me since early 2011. I've continued to post maps on the site and I encourage you to browse recent articles.

Recent map stories:

Class Divide in Chicago - New Maps - link

November 1998 Tutor/Mentor Leadership and Networking Conference Map - link

NY Times maps murder sites in Chicago - link

Twitter network map - link

No General Goes to War Without a Map - link

Chicago - Most Gangs in US? - link

I encourage you to add budget time monthly to browse the articles on this site and the Mapping for Justice site, and use the ideas to form coalitions that help build and sustain mentor-rich non-school programs in your neighborhood or your city.

No comments: