Friday, August 31, 2012

Social Innovation 3.0 - Who does the inviting?

I found this video through one of my Linkedin Groups. It shares many ideas that resonate with me. I hope you'll take a look.



In this video one example was the STRIVE Partnership in Cincinnati in which the President of the local university was a major force for bringing business, educators and philanthropists to the table.

In other articles I've read it seems that "those with the money" are the ones most effective in drawing groups together for common purpose.

I think that misses one of the major strengths of the Internet. Anyone with a good idea should be able to share it and invite others to view it. If the idea is good enough it should become a magnet that attracts support from many places.

I'm not sure it's yet working this way except in rare cases.

No comments: