Thursday, January 27, 2011

Map of Linkedin Network

This map was built using a tool that shows you a visual depiction of your Linked in professional network. You can build your own map by going to this link. See my map here.

What's the purpose?

I'm connected to 577 people on Linked in. Some are from my college. Some are former Montgomery Ward execs. Some are peers. Some make giving decisions at foundations and corporations. Many are people who share the same concerns I focus on.

My goal is that every day these people are reading my blog, looking at the links I point to and making an effort to share this information in their own network. My goal is that every day some of these people are sending us the resources (people, dollars, ideas) that it takes to operate Cabrini Connections, Tutor/Mentor Connection so we can do more to help people in this network use our ideas and the ideas of each other to help build more and better volunteer-based tutor/mentor programs in Chicago and other cities.

This pdf describes what I mean by "building a network of purpose".

What does your network look like? How are you "nudging" it every day to help you with your own personal vision of creating a better future for kids in the world and for your own children and grandchildren?

No comments: