Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Volunteers and Students Appeal for Donations


This is the link to this week's Cabrini Connections email newsletter.

Look at the different ways our volunteers and students are working to help raise needed year end donations. I hope you'll help if you can.

Read student letters to donors and see how they describe Cabrini Connections as a family.

Santa's Naughty or Nice Charity Pub Crawl
HO HO HO - What better way to feel the joy of the season than to fill yourself with HOLIDAY SPIRITS and give a little something back to the community? For a donation of $10 (or more), you will get the company of some very fine individuals and a big red Santa hat (first 45 attendees). -Elena Lugo and Melanie Munsey

Beard For Kids
This holiday season I’m participating in the Beards For Kids 2010 Challenge. I’ll be growing a beard from now until the end of the holidays and have a goal of raising $10 per day for Cabrini Connections. Please help me reach my goal by donating here today: http://beardsforkids.org/ -Gabriel Chapman

Matt Golden's Fundraising Page
I have asked family and friends to help me raise $2,000 for Cabrini Connections in the month of December. I have set up a website on FirstGiving and have already raised $270! Hopefully, our contributions can help Charles Hill and other students continue to succeed at Cabrini Connections. http://www.firstgiving.com/mattgolden -Matt Golden

One Month's Rent Campaign
Please support my cause by contributing an amount toward one month's rent for next year. We have a beautiful 4500-square foot space near downtown Chicago where all of our youth come to meet with their mentors. You can get a good sense of it here as I walk through in this video: http://vimeo.com/16755309. -Bradley Troast

Alumni Fund Page
I graduated from the program back in 1992 and I'm troubled to hear that it is in financial peril and there is the real possibility that it can close. This program was a key factor in my finally seeing what possibilities lay out there for me to be successful... They are currently doing that for so many of the Children of Cabrini and I'm not aware of many programs that do it in a grass root, no nonsense kind of a way. -Isaiah Brooms

Holiday Mapping For Justice
Help Mike raise money to support the mapping project at Cabrini Connections, Tutor/Mentor Connection.

I even have added my own Birthday Wish on Facebook. I'll be 64 on Dec. 19 and I hope you'll donate to help me celebrate

No comments: